6.25.2012

S.P.Q.R

I am in Rome.
Needless to say, Rome is beautiful. I wake up every day with the same reaction: "I can't believe I'm in Italy." For those of you who don't know, I'm currently studying architecture abroad in Rome. I just finished my first week of classes & have six fabulous weeks more to come.


The city is as stunning and classy as ever. I, however, am not. I've realized that everything I do practically screams "I AM AN AMERICAN, HATE ME PLEASE." It doesn't help that my Italian is trash & every food ordering experience is an embarrassing one. Nevertheless, I'm having a great time. The food has been wonderful with the exception of paying for water. Water costs $$ at restaurants & everytime I have to order it, a part of my Chinese roots withers and dies. I'm just too thirsty & hot to avoid it though. The heat has been a curse & a blessing. I no longer crave colossal amounts of food since the temperature has taken away most of my overindulgent appetite. But on the other hand, I hardly ever urinate since all my inner liquids flows out of my pores. So. Sweaty. All. The. Time. Finally, with heat, brings bugs. Insects with human sucking tendencies have always had an affinity for me & Italy has not been any different. I've managed to accumulate 9 bug bites on my legs with one especially gnarly one. This one bite was so incredibly itchy that there could not have been enough fingers in the world to satiate the prickly sensation. & now, the bug bite is an amoeba of red on my leg. I'm afraid that the perpetrator is a crazy poisonous spider bite... & soon my flesh will start to decay away. Or maybe some pervy bug has laid its spawn in my skin. If either hypotheses come into fruition, it's really going to put a damper on my plan to come back to the States molta favolosa. So.....pray for me? 


Ciao, friends, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search