10.23.2010

Mutually Exclusive

Some things in this world are mutually exclusive. Water & oil, Weight Watchers & delicious pastries, the popular high school crowd & the A.P. crowd - just to name a few.
But today, I pondered... a hard college major and attaining a husband - are these two things indeed mutually exclusive?

As I sit here in Starbucks, alone, the resounding answer seems to be yes. Sure, I suppose I could study with other people, "potentials" even, but one must admit that at THAT point, you're pretty much striving after the husband goal rather than the 4.0 GPA goal. Effective studying demands solitude and solitude demands singleness. Thus, every senior college girl must come to a crossroads where she has to choose - a demanding field or a husband? A ring or a prestigious job?
Oh, the choices.

2 comments:

  1. i pulled off popular hs crowd and a.p. crowd at the same time. i'm just that cool

    goodluck on being as cool as me!

    ReplyDelete

Search