7.23.2013

Ultrasound

Today, I finally assembled my rocking chair! I can say that I've never felt more like a proud mother. Suddenly, I've become this overprotective mama bear that glares at everyone who doesn't first wash their hands before running their grummy fingers over my baby. Be Gentle!!! Shh!!! Don't wake her up!!!

Like any new mom, I'm going to show you photos of my labor of love even though you didn't ask to see them.
The Maple & I. Isn't she a beauty? Straight Grain & everything.

 No longer afraid of the band saw!

Figuring out Dimensions. 

Pieces Cut & Planed!

Figuring out the right angles and positions.

Clamping Time!



Intricate Clamping Time

Deliberating the connection between the Back and the Seat.

Terrifying Moment: Trying to figure out if the dowels and the holes all line up.

Lars, my favorite, Testing Out the Chair. It is Sturdy!!!

 Me Testing out my Chair!!! Success!!!

Baby Chair with Actual Chair. Still Need to Sand, Finish & put the Webbing on!

My time in Copenhagen is finally coming to a close (with only one week left!) & I'm finding myself sooo sad to leave. Walking home tonight from the bus, I felt content & genuinely happy. Of course other areas of my life could use a bit of help, but tonight was perfect. With a stable chair & this view, how could anyone be sad?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search