2.01.2011

Trader Joe's Snack Breakdown.

Midterm season is upon us & thus, stress levels have teetered to 'dangerously high'. I did a little preventative mid-life crisis Trader Joe's shopping to make sure my sanity stays in check. Here's my personal run-down on the following snacks:
1. Chocolate Raspberry Sticks: This is what Turkish Delight should taste like. The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe made it seem like Turkish Delight was some wonderful sell-your-soul-to-the-devil treat, but it actually just taste like sick chewy fruit cake. Um. I digressed. These Chocolate Raspberry Sticks are splendid. Soft jelly inside & delicious chocolate on the outside.
2. Biscotti: I LOVE hazelnuts, so my opinion might be a little biased. But, these tiny biscottis are so perfect with coffee or just to snack on.
3. French Roast Coffee: I was forced to try the French Roast when the usual Trader Joe Dark beans were sold out. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised! These beans are really rich in flavor. The only downside is that these beans are a little more spendy than the original Joe Dark... I think they were run around $7. 
4. Lemon Heart Cookies: I saw these Lemon Cookies on the shelf - the colors & the little girl sold me. I am such a sucker for adorable packaging. Plus, just LOOK at that Victorian girl. She is so awkward. I love it. I love it all. The cookie itself is actually just all-right. These lemon cookies are pretty generic, they have a hard texture and a slight lemony taste. Pretty meh. 
5. Gummy Bears: Okay. How can you not adore these? They even promote family love!! Those bears are holding HANDS. It's too cute for words. These gummy bears are by far my favorite in terms of the gummy bear world. They're a bit more al dente than the average gummy bear - but I enjoy the chewiness.

Okay! Back to memorizing Islamic Architecture dates & writing about the Jews in Speyer. Oh dear, Goodness.

2 comments:

  1. HAHHAAH i loveeeeeeeeee this post
    trader joe's IS the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. time to go to tj's and stock up.
    "Plus, just LOOK at that Victorian girl. She is so awkward."

    ReplyDelete

Search